All work is done to a high standard (and comes with a 45 day warranty period). We stand by our work and customers. Each instrument is treated as if it were our own. Whether vintage, rare, valuable, or a beginner’s grade guitar, everything is worked on with the same level of care. Handled, inspected, and worked on with extreme attention to detail by a professional luthier.
(All work includes related consultation)
Basic work –
Restring Guitar / Bass
Clean guitar, inspect playability and condition – consult customer, restring and tune.
$30 (price does not include strings)
Deluxe Set up ($78.99)
*includes 45 day warranty.
We take pride in our extremely detailed and thorough guitar and bass setups. An instrument’s setup makes all the difference in it’s performance, playability, intonation, and tone. We do not offer “partial / basic” setups as there are many variables to an instrument’s proper setup. Simply “tweaking the truss rod” is not a setup, as each adjustment on an instrument affects the other.
Our setup process includes: De-oxidize and polish metal frets as needed, fingerboard cleaning/oil/conditioning (rosewood or ebony), fingerboard cleaning (maple fretboard), truss rod adjustments to set proper “relief” in neck, string action set to customer’s tastes with customer’s choice of string gauge, intonation is set to ensure entire instrument is in tune, not just the open notes, pickup heights are set, bridge saddles are adjusted to match fingerboard radius, check/tighten all parts, saddle and string nut lubrication, clean guitar, spray any noisy electronics if applicable. Check internal bracing of acoustic instruments. Inspect all frets and advise customer on any issues.
*add $15 12 string guitars / *add $20 Floyd rose guitars.
(price does not include strings).
*Warranty period on all guitar and bass setups: Given that an instrument’s setup can quickly change with fluctuations in weather and humidity levels. Each setup performed will have a free adjustment period of 45 days should anything with in guitar’s setup during that time.
String Nut and saddles –
-We take pride in our hand made highly polished string nuts and saddles. Our hand work in done to a tolerance accuracy of +/- 0.001″
Wiring, Electronics, Custom modifications –
– Full wiring (pickups, pots, jack, switches, etc)
– Replace / repair output jack only
– Replace pots or switches
– Custom mods
– Pickup rewinds, and repairs
*additional fee for all electronics work on F-Hole type bodies
-Acoustic guitar pickup installation
Fret work –
– Polish and buff frets, smooth out/detail and groom rough fret edges
– Level, crown, dress, polish aka “grind and polish”
Frets are leveled even, reshaped round, then dressed and highly polished for smooth, buzz free playing. Frets will be like new, and buttery smooth.
– Re-fret work.
Re-fret generally includes a full deluxe set up
*All refret/fret leveling work is done on the “Erlewine Neck Jig” with diamond levelers and diamond coated files for maximum accuracy and controlled, calculated leveling to fret tops.
* Partial re-frets are also available – priced per specific repair.
* Re-fret work is generally done with a fret press – for best fit.
Structural Repair –
All repairs listed below are warrantied and guaranteed against failure as long as your instrument properly stored, regularly maintained, and properly humidified:
– Crack repair, from basic hairline cracks to extreme cracks and breaks. Includes leveling, cleating, and possible spline & touch up work if necessary.
– Bracing repair / replacement
– Binding repairs
– Broken headstock repair
– Acoustic guitar bridge re-glue
– Acoustic Bridge leveling/saddle adjustment
– Acoustic guitar bridge replacement / copy (handmade from scratch)
– Acoustic bridge plate damage repair
* Major restoration work on vintage acoustic instruments is priced per project.
– Replace tuners
– Custom Parts
– Install Bigsby vibrato system
* Many more custom modifications available, please inquire.
(Any prices listed are for quotation purposes only. Prices may change upon review of instrument and do not include any additional parts that may be necessary. All costs and details are approved by customer before any work is started)