We warranty and stand behind each of our repairs and setups. Our work is done to a high standard and we treat each instrument as if it were our own. Each instrument, whether rare and valuable, or beginner’s grade is carefully handled, inspected, and worked on with extreme attention to detail by a professional luthier.
(If you are looking for a repair that isn’t listed, please inquire for an estimate)
Basic work –
Restring Guitar / Bass : $40
Clean guitar, restring and tune.
(price does not include strings)
*add $10 for Classical/nylon string acoustics, 12 string guitars and Floyd rose systems.
Deluxe Set up : $78
*includes 45 day warranty.
We take pride in our extremely detailed and thorough guitar and bass setups. An instrument’s setup makes all the difference in it’s performance, playability, intonation, and tone. We do not offer “partial / basic” setups as there are many variables to an instrument’s proper setup.
Our setup process includes: De-oxidize and polish metal frets, fingerboard cleaning/oil/conditioning (rosewood or ebony), fingerboard cleaning (maple fretboard), truss rod adjustments to set proper “relief” in neck, string action set to customer’s tastes with customer’s choice of string gauge, intonation is set to ensure entire instrument is in tune, not just the open notes, pickup heights are set, bridge saddles are adjusted to match fingerboard radius, check/tighten all parts, saddle and string nut lubrication, clean guitar, spray any noisy electronics if applicable. Check internal bracing of acoustic instruments. Inspect all frets and advise customer on any issues.
-Add $15 for 12-string guitars
-Add $20 for Floyd Rose equipped guitars.
(price does not include strings).
*We offer a warranty on all of our instrument setups. Given that an instrument’s setup can quickly change with fluctuations in weather and humidity levels. Each setup performed will have a free adjustment period of 45 days should anything change in your guitars setup during that time.
String Nut and saddles –
– We work with bone, aluminum, brass, synthetic bone, and other quality materials at customer’s request.
We take pride in our hand made highly polished string nuts and saddles. Our hand work in done to a tolerance accuracy of +/- 0.001″
Wiring, Electronics, Custom modifications –
– Full wiring (pickups, pots, jack, switches, etc)
– Replace / repair output jack only
– Replace pots or switches
– Custom mods
– Pickup rewinds, and repairs
*add $35 to all electronics work on F-Hole type bodies
-Acoustic guitar pickup installation
Fret work –
– Polish and buff frets, smooth out/detail and groom rough fret edges
– Level, crown, dress, polish aka “grind and polish”
Frets are leveled even, reshaped round, then dressed and highly polished for smooth, buzz free playing. Frets will be like new, and buttery smooth.
– Re-fret with fret size and material of your choice.
Re-fret generally includes a full deluxe set up
*As of June 2014, all of our refret/fret leveling work is done on the “Erlewine Neck Jig” with diamond levelers and diamond coated files for maximum accuracy and controlled, calculated leveling to fret tops.
* Partial re-frets are also available – priced per specific repair.
* Re-fret work is generally done with a fret press – for best fit.
Structural Repair –
All repairs listed below are warrantied and guaranteed against failure as long as your instrument properly stored, regularly maintained, and properly humidified:
– Crack repair, from basic hairline cracks to extreme cracks and breaks. Includes leveling, cleating, and possible spline & touch up work if necessary.
– Bracing repair / replacement
– Binding repair / replacement
Broken headstock repair : Typically $85-250+ depending on severity and cosmetic options.
– Acoustic guitar bridge re-glue
– Acoustic Bridge leveling/saddle adjustment
– Acoustic guitar bridge replacement (factory pre made bridge)
– Acoustic guitar bridge replacement / copy (handmade from scratch)
– Acoustic bridge plate damage repair
– Acoustic guitar bridge plate replacement
* Major restoration work on vintage acoustic instruments is priced per project. All estimates are free.
We now offer CNC Milling in our custom shop of instrument repair related projects and parts starting at $75 for machine setup and tooling if you provide your own CAD files.
– Custom pickup winding, in house.
Bass or Guitar, fretted to fret less conversion : $500
-Frets are removed, fingerboard is leveled and radius set, empty fret slots are filled with plastic binding or wood veneer flush against the fingerboard.
(includes full set up)
– Replace tuners : $45-70
– Install Bigsby vibrato system
* Many more custom modifications available, please inquire.
(Any prices listed are for quotation purposes only. Prices may change upon review of instrument and do not include any additional parts that may be necessary. All costs and details are approved by client before work is started.)